View from the big hill

View from the big hill

Friday, January 7, 2011

Potty Training...... DONE!

It has been 5 days now since we started potty training Wyatt and holy cow I am excited to report he seems to have it down!  Now, for someone like me who wasn't blessed with tons of patience, this happened quick and makes my day.  Of course he is 3 so he should pick up on it fast but I have to say, this was easy.  Day one was stressful.  I was nervous for some reason about him having accidents.  Not so much because I didn't want to clean up the mess but I think more so because I didn't want to see the disappointment in his little chubby face.  While he plays tough with his Dad when the football or basketball comes out, he is a sensitive little guy.  I can read his emotions like a book.  When something doesn't quite go the way he thought it would, he gets so sad.  He gets embarrassed and hangs his head.  Breaks my heart but part of life I guess.  He is sleeping soundly in his big boy Lightning McQueen undies and is so proud of himself.  I am proud of him too.  One more notch on his belt in the game of life and one more thing that makes me realize he is growing up, and too fast.

1 comment:

  1. Good job Wyatt!!! I knew you could do it! (yea for mom too and no diapers for awhile!!!)

    ReplyDelete