View from the big hill

View from the big hill

Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas Ornaments

My Christmas tree was finally put away today which always allows me to reflect on years past because of the ornaments on my tree.  When I was born some odd 33 years ago, my parents received a couple of Christmas ornaments as gifts to remember my 1st Christmas.  Those ornaments have led to an all out collection that now spans more than three decades and more than 100 ornaments.  My son and husband now have a collection started as well and we give our son an ornament that relates to the theme of his birthday so we can remember each happy year.  I have ornaments that belonged to my late Grandma Kohake, ornaments from past classmates and ornaments from my godparents and parents.  I painstakingly spend time individually packing them to preserve them and ensure they will be around for many years to come.  I know that some decorate their Christmas trees with themes or certain colors.  I for one will always have a tree decorated in a multitude of colors and no certain theme.  What I will have are ornaments from top to bottom that each represent a special person or time in my life, my husband's life or my kid's lives.  And you can bet I will be able to tell you who gave me each one and the circumstance behind it.  Truly, my Christmas tree is full of blessings and wonderful memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment