View from the big hill

View from the big hill

Monday, November 7, 2011

Time Is NOT On My Side

48 hours ago the time changed.  This is my first experience with two kids at different stages of life during a time change and I am over it.  It took less than two days.  I am over it.  Obviously when this started, they were not one bit concerned with the mothers taking care of babies at home that DO NOT care that the time has changed.  For example, we are usually off and running between 6 and 6:30am which is now 5 to 5:30am.  Now with one child, this wouldn't be much of a problem.  I would just rest up when they did.  But with one kiddo that needs naps (the one that gets me up at all hours of the night) and one kiddo that doesn't nap at all, getting up at 5:30 in the morning and making it until 7:30 at night is not easy.  I admit it.  I NEED MY SLEEP!!!!!! 

There was a time in my life where I was sometimes on the road for work by 4am.  I decided after I changed jobs that I would never ever work a job that required me to be up before 6am.  A girl needs her rest afterall.  Unfortunately, when I had kids I just didn't realize this would be a before 6am job.  I suppose I had the same thought most of us parents have.  My kid will be a sleeper.  I am going to be lucky to not be one of those tired, dark circles under the eyes, strung out moms.  Uh, right. 

I know, I know.  This too shall pass, right?  Well, I have a theory that by the time my kids are to the stage in life where all they want to do is sleep, I am going to be at the stage in my life where I can't sleep.  One more reason to have kids when you are younger.  You both get a few years to sleep in! 

So, if you are enjoying the time change, please keep it to yourself.  I am not interested in hearing about all the beautiful sleep that is occurring at your house.  Good for you.  I am headed to get another cup of caffeine and a chocolate chip cookie.  And maybe if I am lucky I will make it another 6 months until the time rights itself and I can get back to 6am!

No comments:

Post a Comment