View from the big hill

View from the big hill

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

MMM

There is something you should know about my Dad.  He loves music.  Singing it especially and has even taught himself to play the guitar some.  Over the years he has evolved into a huge cowboy music fan.  I am not talking about country music, although it probably falls into this category, I am talking about the kind they sing sitting around a campfire.  The songs that truly tell stories about the West and ranching.  Songs about doggies, not the cute little furry kind but the kind that moo.  Songs Taylor Swift doesn't understand.  True country music.  His favorite artist is hands down Michael Martin Murphy.  He is a fantastic singer and story teller and has a way of pulling you into his songs.  My Dad will tell anyone he knows about Murph.  We joke that if Murph is within a 400 mile radius of my Dad, he is there!  This past weekend, the Prairie Rose had their annual Western Days and we took the kids over to experience a little county.  Mr. Murphy was there putting on concerts all weekend.  I kept my eye out for him and spotted him wandering around the grounds.  I knew if my Dad had a picture of Michael Martin Murphy with his grandkids he would flip.  Wyatt was headed to take a train ride - AGAIN so Lorelai and I set out to catch him.  It took some courage on my part but I asked and he was gracious enough to let me take their picture. 
Lorelai and Michael Martin Murphy

I called my Dad who could not believe what I was telling him.  You would have thought Lorelai took a picture with the Pope!  It was so fun to surprise him!  I was so grateful that Mr. Murphy did this for my Dad.  If he only knew what it meant to him and that it probably means my Dad will attend a million more of his concerts!  Thanks Murph and love you Dad!

If you want more information about Michael Martin Murphy check out his website: http://michaelmartinmurphey.com/

Wyatt riding the train with me.  He must have done this a million times!
Here we go again!

No comments:

Post a Comment