View from the big hill

View from the big hill

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Little Fish

Wyatt started swimming lessons this week and I can't tell you how proud I am of him!  The first night he was so excited to go.  He was having a hard time understanding that a swimming pool was indoors so when we walked in his face lit up like a Christmas tree.  We took him into the shop and let him pick out his goggles and fins which are required for his class and then marched around the big lap pool to the waiting area.  As names were being called out and the kids were leaving with the different instructors, I noticed he was really listening to what was being said.  As they got down to the last few instructors he looked at me and said, "Mom, they aren't calling my name!".  It amazes me how fast he figures things out sometimes.  His group was the last to be called.  When his name was called Wyatt hopped off his chair and followed the instructor out of the room without a second look at us.  Amazing!  Parents are asked to stay back and not allow the kids to see you in order to help get them used to the water, etc.  Apparently they think we will want to swoop in and rescue them. :)  Night two, I peeked.  He is way outside his comfort zone and when I am peeking in the window watching him, he just pushes through the tough parts.  Some have more trouble than others.  Wyatt seems to be somewhere in the middle.  He tells us after every class he doesn't like to go under water but we knew this.  He doesn't throw fits in the bathtub when we wash his hair for nothing!  I am just so darn proud of him.  He is growing up fast and I just want to hold on to all the times he is in complete bliss.  There is nothing like seeing your kids face just sparkle with excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment