View from the big hill

View from the big hill

Monday, August 22, 2011

Deetda

I think when grandparents find out they have a grandchild on the way, they fantasize just a little bit about what the little one will call them.  Grandma probably does this moreso than Grandpa but just the same, I think they all do it.  Unfortunately, I don't think they have much control over it sometimes.  Somehow, my son has named my Dad (his Grandpa Kemper), Deetda.  Yep, Deetda.  He called him this from the get-go and and I think it is adorable.  Totally fun, just like their relationship. 

The minute these two see each other it is on.  The laughter, the giggling uncontrollably, the craziness, the trouble.  Anything Deetda does is the funniest thing on the planet to Wyatt.  I have literally seen the kid fall over he is laughing so hard.  They just have a plain good time.

When Deetda is around, Wyatt is on point.  Nothing gets left undone.  If it is to eat, they eat it.  If it is to play with, let them play.  Two peas in a pod!  I think it is so special the relationship they have.  You can't have too much silly in your life!  My Dad may wish Wyatt had a different name for him but I think it totally fits.  Any Wyatt wouldn't want it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment