View from the big hill

View from the big hill

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Another Snow Day!

Yesterday we had another day full of snow.  This time it wasn't blowing straight to Oklahoma and was able to pile up nicely on everything.  It was quite pretty!  If I looked out my back window, I could imagine I was in Colorado with a mountain view, a big roaring fireplace going and my knitting by my side.  Ah...........  I guess I shouldn't forget about my son and hubby who would probably be outside my window in the middle of my mountain view having a snowball fight!  Now that is a perfect daydream! 

The sun is out now so we decided to do something fun and made snow ice cream!


Snow Ice Cream:
1 Cup Milk
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
Whisk all ingredients together and add fresh WHITE snow until mixture is stiff and resembles ice cream.

I personally love the reference to using only white snow!






It is so fun to pass along fun childhood memories to Wyatt.  It is the little things in life that matter.  He thought it was so fun to bring snow in the house!  I think I will put my daydreams aside for a while and just live in this moment with my family.  Afterall, vacations come and go but I get to spend the rest of my life with this little boy and who could truly ask for more?

1 comment:

  1. OOOO, I'm trying your recipe next time! Ours looked more like milkshakes. :)

    ReplyDelete