View from the big hill

View from the big hill

Sunday, July 8, 2012

4th of July Fun!

Today ended such a fun-filled week for us. The 4th of July is a special holiday to our family with my husband in the military.  Our family is pretty blessed because of what he does and the 4th is a great way to spend some time together. 

This year Wyatt was way into fireworks.  Thankfully his Dad has interest in it too because I do not.  When I grew up, we were usually in the middle of wheat harvest for the 4th and wheat stubble and dry conditions did not make a good recipe for the addition of fireworks.  So, we never had them.  This is not going to fly with Wyatt.  Once he learned what the white tents were for on every corner, we were getting fireworks at our house.  He took his Dad to buy some and promptly informed me upon returning that they had missiles and he wanted one.  Great!

This kid loved her corn! :)
My parents made the last minute decision to come visit us and when they got here we loaded them and the kids in the car and headed to the Esterline home for some 4th of July fun!  It is never a dull moment when we are all together.  Five total kids under the age of 4 1/2 means everyone is on their toes and moving.  We were also blessed to get to see the Munn's who I haven't seen in oh so long.  We all went swimming (Wyatt for 3 hrs!) and Then. There. Was. Dinner.  Can you say yummmmmm?  Mr. Nick made us some of the best steak EVER.  The grilled corn was pretty fantastic too.  Just ask Lorelai!  He and my husband are now in the ranks of the best at the grill if you ask me.  I wish I had taken a picture of it all but alas, you will just have to trust me on this one!


These two had just as much fun as the little kiddos!





We then headed to the street and the fireworks started!  Wyatt was in heaven and so were the rest of the boys.  Nick and Mike included.  The bigger the boom, the better. 

















Hanging out in the shade with Grandma and Grandpa




Thanks so much to our friends for hosting our family.  We had such a great time and it was fun being with both our family and friends for this special holiday.





Baby Housten did not appreciate the fireworks!
On Friday we kicked out the Grandparents (not hardly!) and ushered in Aunt Shelley!  Wyatt and Lorelai were having a ball with all these people around.  Way more fun than just dealing with Mom and Dad!  We spent the rest of the weekend just hanging out at home and doing a few projects here and there.  Mike and my Dad got a door replaced before they left for home and it is so nice to have a new door to the garage.  And the bonus?  They didn't kill each other! :)  We are now exhausted and all needing to get back on a schedule of sorts but it was so much fun.  Way worth the kids being cranky here and there and me not being able to keep my eyelids open.  So to that, I hope you all had a great 4th of July.  I hope you were as blessed as we were to spend so much time with our family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment