View from the big hill

View from the big hill

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Wyatt - Preschool 2012

Yesterday was Wyatt's last day of Preschool!  He was so excited and not really because it meant he was now officially on Summer break but because he will now be in Pre-K!  The day before he helped me make oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for his teacher and the para in their class.  I put his cookies with a note attached that said: I'm One Smart Cookie Thanks To You!  He of course had to wear his K-State gear on the last day of school!

 They had a water play day outside so Lorelai and I went up to school early to take pictures and just watch the fun.  They had a little swimming pool full of water and spray bottles and some other squirty toys, bubbles and water balloons.  There were lots of reminders not to spray anyone, only things with the water and of course the boys then figured out how to unscrew the water bottles so they could dump the water down the slipper slides.  Lots of wet bottoms! :) They got treats out of the treasure box and then had popsicles before heading home. 
Water balloon time!
Wyatt and Mrs. Relph
We have had an absolutely great experience at Resurrection Catholic School.  Mrs. Relph is first class and has such a talent for teaching these little kiddos.  She definitely has found her calling and our family loves her for her role in teaching Wyatt. Some of my favorite things about this year were his funny stories.  Like when one classmate tried to escape or another's daily trips to the Thinking Chair.  Then there was the day Wyatt had to go to the Thinking Chair.  Oh man was that rough for him.  Big lower lip and all.  Mrs. Relph is so sweet and just said he had a rough day!  I love that he learned the Sign of the Cross and leads our prayer at dinner every night.  The little songs he would just bust out singing while we were playing that he had learned.  I loved going a little early to watch his class walk out to the playground to have recess and would spend the next 15 min. watching him run around like a wild man with his school friends having the time of his life. 

I am going to miss this age.  I realize this is going to be a reoccurring theme every year but I am so glad of two things.  One, we sent him to school with Mrs. Relph at Resurrection and two, I made it a point to take the time to watch him go through this first stage of school.  I am a stay at home mom for many reasons and this is definitely one of them.  He is my precious little guy and I am so proud of him!
Wyatt and his school friends





No comments:

Post a Comment