View from the big hill

View from the big hill

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig

A few weeks ago we loaded up the truck like the Clampetts and headed back home to visit my brother, his wife and my nephew.  They travel back that way about once a year so it was pretty important we get there.  First time to travel with the 2 dogs, 2 kids and 2 adults.  I think we did fairly well.  The trip out took forever.  Lorelai was hungry about every hour so there was lots of stopping.  I also got to introduce my Grandma, Viola, to her great granddaughter Lorelai Viola.  It was so sweet to see how happy it made her to hold Lorelai. 
Lorelai Viola and her Great Grandma Viola
It was such a great trip.  Many family friends stopped in to see Lorelai and visit and there was plenty of just being a family all under one roof. 
Great Grandma with Brayden, Lorelai and Wyatt
These two get in more trouble together!
Still more trouble!
 My nephew is a total card.  He doesn't like to sit still for a minute and oh so completely has his parents wrapped around his little finger!  I wish they lived closer so I could see the little guy more.  He had spent some time at the Sutter grandparents house before venturing to Logan and must have checked a lot of cows with his Papa because he yelled "COME BOSS!" all the time.  Way cute!
Cowboy Brayden
Brayden trying to get his mom to eat instead of doing it himself!

Reading a book and playing the guitar to keep Wyatt occupied while the nuggets go down the gush!
I miss my little home town and all the people in it.  We are so fortunate as a family to have each other and our traditions to keep us coming back together.  Time spent with each other is priceless and more important to me now that I have two kids that need to know where their momma came from. 
Chillin' with my Uncle Tony on the front porch

Lorelai and her Aunt Shelley

I think they were trying to decide what they were going to eat next.  Definitely not working!

A little conversation with Grandma
The trip home went much easier.  Not many stops along the way.  I miss home already........

No comments:

Post a Comment