View from the big hill

View from the big hill

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Out of the House

Today I loaded up two kids (wow it feels strange to read that in print) and we went to a friend's house for a play date.  Wyatt really needed to get out and play with a friend for a while and I needed the girl time.  The boys had a blast and even got to play outside for a while since the weather was so nice.  They loaded up their dump trucks with pine needles and pine cones for a good hour and drove them all over the yard.  I love watching these two interact.  They have truly been buddies since they were old enough to know the other existed.  The boys aren't the real reason for this blog, it is friendship.  Yes, the boys are great friends but I am talking about us girls.  I packed up all my things, baby and big kid, today and left the house without one important thing.  An extra outfit for the baby.  Yep, I am an experienced mom who should know better and knows that as soon as you forget something for your kiddo, they need it.  Lorelai had one of those diapers today.  The kind that requires an extra outfit.  My friend, without hesitation or a second thought, helped me clean her up and went right to the closet and got her something to wear.  I know it might not sound like a huge deal to you, but to me, it really meant a lot.  Afterall, how many people do you know would just drop everything and help you change a dirty diaper?  I am not always the best at relaying my appreciation for things.  I always get home and then wonder if they really understood how grateful I was.  I had a lot to be grateful for today.  I was grateful for the opportunity to get out of the house for a few hours, grateful for the happiness I saw in my son as he played with his friend and grateful for the friendship I received too. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a nice blog Megan. So sorry i just now read it. You are so sweet and so caring in many many ways! I am very lucky to have such a great friend!

    ReplyDelete